We were created for community! God created us to connect with other believers, walk alongside them, pray for them, speak truth over them, and point them back to Him.
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another. – Hebrews 10:24-25
Connecting with other stepmoms for encouragement and support can be life-giving in hard seasons. There are many stepmom support groups and forums, but finding healthy spaces where the feedback aligns with the Word can be difficult. These communities are administrated with great care, and filled with daily devotionals, thoughtful advice, and refreshment for the spirit.
- The Joyful Stepmom. Dedicated to the ministry of Jesus-loving stepmoms.
- The Graceful Bio Mom. For birth moms who are also stepmoms, learning to gracefully accept their new blended families.
- Sisterhood of Stepmoms. Providing help, hope, and healing to any woman dating, engaged, or married to a man with kids.
There are also a few secular stepmom communities that might meet your needs in this season. Please be aware that these are not governed by the same guidelines as the groups listed above, but I believe there is great value in connecting with women from every walk of life.
- Stepmom Magazine. Private, online support group for subscribers focuses on sharing facts, advice and wisdom.
- Meetup. Bringing local people with common interests together to talk, help, mentor and support each other.
- CafeMom. An online community where women meet each day to talk, share advice, and make friends.